Terms of Service
Last updated: May 16, 2022
Welcome to Zenland!
Please review these Terms of Service (the “Agreement”, "Terms", "Agreement Terms") carefully. Your use or access to the Zenland app interface hosted at https://app.zen.land or any of its services and website(s) located at https://app.zen.land (the "Service", "Zenland", "Zenland app", "we", "us", "ours") constitutes your consent to this Agreement between you (the "User", "you", "your", "yours") and Zenland.
if you do not agree to be bound by these terms of service, you are not authorized to access or use the service in any way.
- provision of service
- A general-use smart contract platform, the Zenland app hosted at https://app.zen.land enables users to access and utilize the Zenland smart contracts for various needs, including but not limited to peer-to-peer commerce and independent contracting.
- Accessing the Zenland software involves the interaction and use of fundamental open-source decentralized blockchain networks upon which the Service infostructure has been built. Such interactions and use of the relevant blockchain networks, permissionless and otherwise, may require various transaction fees such as "gas" fees of the Ethereum network.
- As per these Terms, the User acknowledges and agrees to be solely responsible for all network charges, if applicable, arising from the use of computational resources associated with the selected network and/or token.
- Respectively, you must ensure that you have a sufficient balance of the applicable network tokens stored at your select network-compatible cryptocurrency wallet address to complete any smart contract action/transaction(s) required by the applicable network before initiating such a transaction.
- Due to its current availability in the beta version only, the Service is provided "AS IS". We hold no warranties or guarantees of any kind for all user interactions, and any damages or losses incurred as a result of such access and interaction with the Zenland interface and/or the Zenland smart contract integrating software, including (without limitation) its website, documentation, and other available resources on affiliated sites, if applicable.
- The Service is provided at our sole discretion with no guarantees or warranties for its continuous state, all applicable fees and charges including the Zenland service fee, and other incurrable networks "gas" charges, changes to limitations of use, and/or governance and other applicable policies.
- Certain circumstantial fees, such as the Zenland agent's fee in case of dispute escalation, and limitations to Service use and accessibility arising from such circumstances may apply.
- modifications and changes
- Zenland reserves the right to change or modify the Agreement and/or the Service at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice to you. Once complete, all modifications, additions, or software updates shall be effective immediately. Continued use of the Service will indicate your acceptance and compliance with the Agreement terms. Thus, it is your sole responsibility to check the Agreement Terms from time to time to stay updated.
- Furthermore, continued use and access to the Service implies the compliance with our right to modify, revise, discontinue, or suspend the Service, any of its affiliated websites and infrastructure (if applicable) or resources without prior notice to you, and to block or prevent your future access to, and use of, the Service.
- You agree that, unless otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, not to hold Zenland responsible for any modification or termination of its services, websites, documentation, and resources by you or any third party, or suspension or termination (temporary or permanent) of your access to it with or without prior notice.
- Additional terms and guiding principles in various document forms regarding the user conduct or the use of the Zenland software may be communicated via the Zenland website, the Zenland app interface, and/or its other communication channels including but not limited to social media or email. We reserve the right to make modifications and changes at our sole discretion at any time.
- eligibility and use
- Subject to your compliance with the Agreement Zenland grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Zenland website at https://app.zen.land, the Zenland app hosted at https://app.zen.land, its select blockchain networks affiliation available through infrastructure, documentation, and resources collectively known as the Service.
- The Service and all its affiliated websites and resources provided are not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject the Service to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
- Users who choose to access the Service from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with the local, national, or international laws, to the extent of all applicable laws. Accordingly, in no event shall Zenland be liable for any misconduct, damage, or loss including but not limited to the loss of personal data, tangible or intangible assets, goods, or services resulting from such unlawful use.
- Continued access and the use of the Service, its websites, the Service infrastructure, social media channels, and community groups along with other available resources is conditional and may be revoked in case of prohibited conduct or any intentional or unintentional breach of these Agreement Terms.
- Zenland services are only intended for users of legal age that are legally able to enter into a contract, whose actions and behaviors are subject to the Agreement, and liable to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Users under the legal age may access the Service under the supervision of a parent or guardian who agrees to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such users in relation to the Service and hereby certify the acceptance of these Terms, and all applicable modifications and changes henceforth.
- If you are using the Service on behalf of another person or entity, you certify that you are authorized to accept the Agreement on their behalf, and agree to be held responsible for any violations associated with the use of the Service, its websites, or otherwise related resources.
- The access to Zenland is conditional at all times and implies your agreement to use the Service, all its websites, and resources for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. As such, you warrant that the Zenland smart contracts you create represent current, complete, and accurate information about the project(s), service(s), product(s) you provide, and such are being sold, exchanged, or purchased at your own risk and by your own free will without coercion or external influence of the Service or any of its websites or people affiliated.
- Permissioned use suggests that we do not provide any warranties or guarantees regarding the Service (without limitations to its dispute resolution services in disputable cases) or any related public blockchain network that initiates requested blockchain transactions or otherwise accesses your digital assets.
- prohibited conduct
- The Service is conditionally provided for the users who agree to be bound by the rules and guidelines set forth herein in this Agreement and all applicable local, national, or international laws and limitations and policies must apply to the provision of the Service by Zenland.
- Violations of the Agreement Terms or other users' privacy are displayed in misconduct or intentional interference with the Service, including but not limited to unauthorized access to the Zenland app and any of its websites or resources with malicious intent.
- Such violations will result in immediate termination of the Agreement and denial to access the Service, including revocation or other applicable rights. Repeat violations will result in a permanent ban of the user's IP address and otherwise withdrawal of the Service provision, and access to its websites and resources for such users.
- Under no circumstances, written or otherwise, the user is allowed to use additional or external software, automated scripts, or other data mining or similar data collection tools to interfere with the Service, without limitations, or other users and their privacy.
- Users are strongly advised against engagement in unauthorized linking to the Service, the websites affiliated with it, or other resources with the intent to interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Service or the networks or services critical to it.
- The use of the Zenland smart contract software to exploit, harm, harass, or an attempt to do so towards minors and their representatives (parent, guardian) acting on behalf of underaged users is against these Agreement Terms and shall be persecuted by all applicable local, national, or international laws.
- Copying, reproduction, distribution, or redistribution, or any publicly performed or publicly displayed all or portions of our Service or websites, all its content whether visual or in the form of the computer code or text, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors in the written form is deemed against intellectual or other proprietary rights of Zenland or any applicable third-party.
- Access to and use of the Service prohibits any material uploaded to transmit malicious spyware, Trojan horses, or worms, including without limitation, other viruses, spam, hate speech/explicit content, or an attempt to do so to interfere with the Service, websites, or resources accessibility for other users and search engines, or otherwise disrupt, impair, or alter its operation, maintenance, features, functions or reputation.
- Prohibitions apply to any attempts to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the Zenland software comprising or in any way making up a part of the website(s), Zenland app, or its resources without limitations.
- Conduct prohibitions and limitations to using stated here forth and in other additional applicable policies and terms fully apply to the beta version of the Zenland app and all its released services or those in development.
- user privacy
- We do not precisely monitor or otherwise exercise our authority over the content uploaded by users of the Service to not interfere with the user's privacy in any way. Thus we cannot be held responsible for user actions unless specifically notified of conduct violations or other infringement or unlawful engagement without limitations in written form by other users.
- Unless specifically permitted by law and/or requested by the appropriate entities and substantiated by the evidence against local, national, or international law infringement, or an attempt to commit an illegal act endangering the health or wellbeing of other users of the Service or their proprietary rights and assets, or those of the entities unrelated to Zenland, its websites, services, or resources, no third-party is allowed to disclose or request to disclose any information about the User.
- In cases when the claims of illicit activity harmful, damaging or disparaging a specific entity or individual are sufficiently supported by the evidence from credible witnesses and/or sources, Zenland will comply with all applicable laws and take appropriate measures as prescribed by the applicable laws and entitled entities or their representatives.
- Unless specifically requested and/or explicitly stated in the written format, in no event shall the smart contract be controlled by any party other than the two parties, herein both referred to as two separate Users entering into an agreement.
- A specific request for Agent's assistance can be made in case of dispute escalation if parties fail to reach an agreement on the contracted delivery of the project, product, service, or any combination of such. Requesting a dispute resolution by a neutral third party, here forth referred as the Agent, you withdraw all your rights and control over the referred smart contract and grant that assigned third party full control over its resolution without limitations to request supportive evidence to your case via internal contract chat or otherwise, if applicable.
- We do not attempt to control or gain access, and therefore, never ask or request to reveal personally identifiable or other confidential information except for that necessary to remain within the boundaries of a formal legal agreement when creating a smart contract with another User or entity. We make no effort to review any user sourced content for any purpose, including but not limited to, accuracy, legality, or noninfringement, and are not responsible for the use or intended impact of it, without limitations on other users or entities.
- Zenland is not a broker or financial institution and is not in any way affiliated with such entities and does not provide legal advice, or claim to provide other applicable services except those expressed in this Agreement. Accessing the Service and/or using the Zenland app at https://app.zen.land at any time indicates your agreement and acknowledgment of the use of the Zenland smart contract software at your own risk and by your own volition.
- Unless explicitly provided in the written form, we do not host, maintain, endorse, warrant, or participate in any transactions or other activities carried out on the partner platforms or ecosystems made accessible through the Service, and its websites, or other available resources. It is our suggestion that you familiarise yourself with their own terms, privacy policies and updates should any questions or issues arise.
- Connecting your cryptocurrency wallet to Zenland does not submit or allow us to initiate or perform any transactions on your behalf without your permission, participation, or explicit request and approval of such transactions. The only data that is submitted through the connection is the wallet address and the transaction signature and hash of any submitted transactions.
- Any blockchain transactions or contract calls initiated through the Service are effected by the applicable third-party digital wallet extensions and are governed by the terms and policies of such extensions independent of the Zenland smart contracts.
- With the exception of the incorporated privacy measures, restrictions, and limitations set herein and in other applicable policy documents, a User is solely responsible for all interactions with other users or third parties and cannot hold us responsible for any liability, damage, or loss of any kind incurred as a result of such interactions.
- proprietary rights
- Zenland incorporates open-source and third-party software to develop, update, and maintain the Service, all its websites, and resources, and thus general limitations established by the appropriate entities may apply to user permissions and conduct.
- With respect to proprietary technology, resources, all related copyright content, or other external or internal materials, Zenland hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-transferable, license to access and use the Service and its owned websites and technology through their designated public interfaces and in accordance with their intended use.
- Accessing or using the Service, its websites, or resources you acknowledge all applicable proprietary rights and open-source licenses that govern open source components of the Zenland software and agree to fully comply with the terms under which the Service and all its components are provided. In case of inquiry or issues arising from their use or access to such components, appropriate entities and/or their licensors must be contacted.
- Unless specifically permitted by law or appropriate licenses and applicable Terms, you may not resell, lease, lend, share, distribute, or otherwise permit any third party use of the Services, its websites, and resources, without limitations to the manner that violates intellectual property and other proprietary rights and open-source licenses.
- Any aspects of the Service, including but not limited to the Zenland app, its name, logos, and other material on its websites, whether owned or affiliated, are subject to all applicable trademark and copyright laws.
- Permitted use of the Zenland name and logotype involves attribution and reference to the Service, its websites, and applicable software and resources, however, does not suggest sponsorship, affiliation, endorsement, or approval of any actions associated with such attribution by Zenland.
- Zenland is free to use, disclose, reproduce, license, and otherwise distribute and exploit any suggestions, comments, or other feedback provided by you to Zenland related to the Service, its websites, or all applicable resources, in the manner that it sees as fit without obligation or restriction of any kind.
- feedback and user submissions
- Zenland welcomes unsolicited and solicited feedback on the Service, its websites, or resources submitted to [email protected], or any of its official public channels including social media profiles and groups featured on the website at https://app.zen.land.
- User feedback in the detailed but clear and concise form, such as product/service survey responses, direct email, or comments on community forums or chat is highly appreciated and is reviewed with due diligence and attention at all times.
- Throughout the development, beta, and until the official public release of the Service, experienced beta-testers and software enthusiasts are welcome to submit their feedback to [email protected] on accessibility and ease of navigation and use of the website and the Zenland smart contracts in particular.
- In cases of dispute escalation, when the two parties herein referred to as two separate users entering into a formal smart contract agreement, request Zenland assistance in resolving a disputable case on their behalf, both users may be requested supplementary materials in the form of text or visuals to substantiate their claims. This material must be viewed as user submission with all applicable restrictions and limitations, expressed or implied in this Agreement, applied to it.
- User submissions subject to existing or possible copyright and similar proprietary claims and the extent to which such submissions are permitted, or the conditions and circumstances under which solicited or unsolicited user submissions are allowed are covered under "Proprietary Rights" of these Agreement Terms.
- Access to and the use of the Service, its websites, and resources, whether continuous or occasional, including any feedback or materials submitted in any kind or form at any time, constitutes your compliance to grant exclusive irrevocable rights, including intellectual property rights, for unrestricted use and public distribution for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
- Restrictions and limitations, as well as all appropriate measures, whether expressed or implied, described under "Prohibited Conduct" shall apply to all user submissions, including but not limited to solicited feedback in the written form.
- By submitting feedback or other material in the technical, visual, or text form, you certify that the submission is original and owned solely by you, or that you have been authorized to submit on behalf of another individual or entity and abide all applicable local, national, or international laws with regard to third party's assets, health, or general wellbeing. Zenland reserves all rights and remedies against any users who breach any representations and warranties in this Agreement in accordance with respective laws.
- You understand that zenland is not registered or licensed by any financial regulatory authority and its website at https://app.zen.land, the zenland smart contracts app hosted at https://app.zen.land, its select blockchain networks affiliation available through infrastructure, documentation, and resources collectively known as the service, is yet to be audited by appropriate entities and provided "as is" and "as available" without warranties or guarantees of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory, or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for particular purpose.
- We hereby disclaim all warranties with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy, or availability of the service, its websites, its content, and other resources, or any services or items obtained through the service and websites. we do not make any guarantee that the services or items obtained through and by use of the aforementioned ways, without limitation to our partner and open-sourced infrastructure will otherwise meet your needs and expectations.
- You understand and agree to be solely responsible for implementing and maintaining sufficient security measures, procedures, and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, if applicable. we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of the websites or any services or items obtained through the websites or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any websites linked to it.
- By all accounts, your use of the service, all its owned, affiliated, or in any way connected websites and their resources, including published content and any services or items obtained through any interactions with or use of such, is at your own risk.
- limitation of liability
- In no event, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, will the zenland, its affiliates or their licensors, service providers, independent contractors, consultants, and their respective employees, agents, officers, and directors be liable for any loss without limitations to loss of digital or other assets, loss of goodwill, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of other financial gains or profits, loss of data, or any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, or punitive damages including but not limited to, personal injury, pain, and suffering, emotional distress, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the service, its websites, whether temporarily connected or otherwise affiliated or owned, and all its resources including but not limited to content and incorporated open-source and third-party software. this limitation of liability applies, without limitations, to alleged liability caused by tort (including negligence), contract, breach of contract, any changes to or inaccessibility or termination of the service, any delay, failure, unauthorized access to, or alteration of any transmission of data, any transaction or agreement entered into through the services, any services or items obtained as a result of such however caused, and under any theory of liability, even if zenland has been advised of the possibility of such liability. the total aggregate liability of zenland arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the foregoing limitations and disclaimers stated in these terms shall not exceed the amount of fees paid by you to us under these terms in the thirty (30) day period preceding the event giving rise to the claim for liability, or $100.00.