Last Updated: May 17, 2022
Zenland understands and respects your rights and needs as a User ("User", "you", "your", "yours") for privacy and attempts to comply with all appropriate measures and applicable laws and regulatory standards to ensure safe, uninterrupted, and anonymous access to the Zenland app interface hosted at https://app.zen.land, all its websites and resources, whether privately owned or open-sourced (the "Service", "we", "us", "our", "ours").
- data collection and use
- Under no circumstances we solicit, or will solicit, personally identifiable information, including but not limited to email addresses, full and actual names, phones, credit card numbers, IDs, or other sensitive data typically requested upon registration or otherwise access to third-party websites or services, to access and use the Service.
- Exempt from this personal information associated with the accessed device, browser, etc. that is transmitted by the browser on your access and use of the Service, its websites, or resources. Their respective hosting provider(s) may automatically collect and store various information, such as that transmitted by your browser to us, in server log files.
- Though received, such information is never assigned to a particular person for further analysis or linked to other data of a similar kind. Some limitations apply to technical data that may be recorded and analyzed to secure and stabilize the Service against hacker attacks, or with the purpose of establishing and maintaining a connection with a web server, without intervention on your part.
- Users must be aware that any collection or processing of such technical data is done to enable the use of the Service, its websites, or resources, ensure their optimization, as well as for the purpose of intelligence and protection, and if appropriate, may be used in criminal proceedings for identification and civil and criminal proceedings against such users to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The Zenland app, its websites, and resources may use relevant cookies, which are specific text files stored in a computer system via a browser. Cookies are created when a user's browser loads a particular website. The website sends information to the browser which then creates a text file. Every time the user goes back to the same website, the browser retrieves and sends this file to the website's server. The standard uses for cookie files include storage of user preferences, last sessions, and user authentication to ensure a better user experience. More on user rights with regards to cookies are described under "Your Rights".
- Some third-party websites, including Zenland social media channels and community forums and groups, may still require personal information upon which we have no authority on how the data collection, processing, or sharing is executed, and never purposefully request to send any personal information received from you, the User.
- Any information, including personally identifiable information for contact or verification purposes, sent voluntarily by the User without solicitation by us, or on our behalf by the party entitled or specifically authorized by us, must be referred to as "User Submission" and processed and disclosed in accordance with all applicable laws and privacy policies. More about the rules and requirements regarding user submission is outlined in our Terms of Service.
- The data collected such as computer or mobile device information or Service usage data (input form changes, account form changes such as connecting a wallet, errors, etc.) may also be used to detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights without limitations to proprietary rights of Zenland and other related third parties.
- Collected data without limitations to technical data, may be used to send technical notices and important news updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages, and to respond to your questions and comments.
- The information collected as explicit or implied in this Policy, Terms of Service, or other applicable Policies can only be stored for the period necessary for its original purposes, or as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- third-party access to information
- At all times, unless you are explicitly consenting to, or Zenland is legally obligated to, Zenland protects your privacy and does not make your personal data available to third parties.
- Exempt from this rule are the auditors and service providers, including but not limited to hosting providers which may transmit the data internationally for the purpose of providing and maintaining the functionality and accessibility of the Service, its websites, or resources, but have no permission to use the data obtained from us in any way that involves the solicitation of any kind, without limitation to advertising and marketing.
- Also exempt are legal obligations when the available data may be shared with trusted third parties to comply with all applicable laws, and regulations, or when the data disclosure is done to protect the rights, assets, health, and wellbeing, or safety of other Zenland users, or Zenland, its employees, agents, directors, service providers, or partners.
- Whenever critical, collected data, regardless of type or amount, may be shared with a trusted third party to detect, prevent, or address any security or technical issues.
- The data collected may also be disclosed whenever is necessary to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of your data.
- Network transactions requested through the Service by enacting specific smart contract actions and states, including but not limited to contract deployment and execution, will be recorded on the respective blockchain and associated with the applicable contract and wallet IDs as required by such blockchain networks. The data is handled in these decentralized networks separately from us, for which we have no authority to exercise control, and therefore, assume no responsibility of any kind or degree.
- Zenland is only intended for use by users of legal age that comply with the laws and regulations of the country of residence of the User. Note that children without parental or guardian supervision are prohibited from using the Service, submitting unsolicited feedback, or soliciting information from us at all times.
- In case of illegal access by minors, Zenland has the right to immediately terminate the Agreement with such User and prevent further use of the Service and, if applicable, any associated personally identifiable data upon discovery of such access.
- If you have any knowledge of a child accessing and using the Service without required supervision from a legal guardian or parent, promptly contact us at [email protected].
- international transfer of data
- This is done with the necessary precautions and security measures on our part as required by the local laws and regulations and complies with GDPR and other enforceable regulations of the User data to ensure the safety of data transmitted to a trusted third party.
- Hosting providers, and other respective service providers without limitations may automatically collect and transfer the data internationally for the purpose to ensure accessibility and convenient use of the Service, its websites, or resources regardless of the country of residence of the specific User requesting access to it.
- data security
- Zenland enforces reasonable security measures and takes respective technical and organizational precautions to prevent any misuse or loss of user-related data or any general abuse of the system, whether intentional or accidental, and whether attempted or succeeded and followed by its consequential failure.
- Appropriate security measures are continuously improved as a result of recent blockchain developments, users' collective effort with their feedback and contribution, and the competency of Zenland employees, its providers, partners, affiliates, and independent contributors, to ensure data security and safety as prescribed by all applicable local, national, and international laws.
- Despite our best effort and will, a User is aware and acknowledges that no security measures are failsafe and fully eliminate security risks connected with the transmission of data over the Internet. Accessing the Service, its websites, and resources you understand that the security of information voluntarily submitted by you or emitted by your browser or other third parties, whether knowingly or unknowingly accessing or using the Service, its websites, or resources on your behalf, is not guaranteed and the access to Service, its websites, and resources is provided "AS IS" without warranties or guarantees of any kind and shall not be liable to you, or the party accessing those on your behalf. You hereby admit and agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- Please, be aware that unauthorized entry or use, technical system failures caused by ill intent, without limitations to network attacks, and policy changes within a specific blockchain network, upon which we have no control over may jeopardize your personal data.
- user rights
- Your rights as a user accessing and using the Service, its websites, and resources allow you to exercise certain rights regarding what kind of data is collected from you and how it is used.
- As a User of the Service you have the access to request and obtain a copy of data collected by us. Note that this is only applicable for current users and not if the contractual agreement stated in the Terms of Service and other applicable policies has not been terminated and the requested data can be retrieved.
- You may also update profile information, rectify, or delete your personal data at any time and in your sole discretion by sending us your request to [email protected]. However, cached, archived, and non-personally- identifiable and anonymized information may be retained for a period of time if not indefinitely.
- Users have the right to opt out of receiving promotional emails, with the exception of important technical updates and critical alerts, if any, that may still be received by you, unless all emails are rejected completely from the email settings (not recommended for continued users). This is done by following the unsubscribe instructions in any marketing email we send you.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your data if its accuracy is disputed, in addition to restricting the use of personal data while the complaints are resolved.
- You can request the deletion of personal data concerning you or the User who you represent under legal guardianship, and we shall satisfy your request without undue delays where required by law, with applicable limitations to, and exemption on the legal ground for processing and legal obligation and your consent granted for the original purpose of collection, including unsolicited and solicited submissions.
- Users may object to personal data processing and withdraw their consent to personal data collection and processing at any time on the grounds relating to specified circumstances by sending a query to [email protected]. Following your objection, the request will be fulfilled within the standard timeframe unless processing of the relevant data is permitted by law including but not limited to situations when no convincing proof of identity by the requester has been supplied, or whenever such is necessary to exercise or defend legal claims or fulfill contractual obligations to the maximum extent permitted by law under relevant data protection regulations.
- Please, note that consent withdrawal does not guarantee further access to the Service, its websites, and resources, and the User profile may be terminated. Zenland reserves the right to take appropriate measures to prevent further access or use of the Service by such User to comply with the "no-consent" request by the User.
- modifications and changes
- Such changes and modifications are made to ensure the Policies, and the access and use of the Service, its websites, and resources reflect the applicable standards for user safety, convenience, and privacy.
- You understand and agree that it is your responsibility as a User to check for any updates or changes concerning your personal information, your access and use of the Service, its websites, and resources, or other policies and terms and conditions of use where applicable to you.
- The "Last Updated" date at the top of the document reflects the most recent changes and additions in effect.